Recommendation from Current Science Teacher
For a Student applying for
The ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp (BHSSC) 2008
Name of Teacher
Directions to teacher:
The student who has given you this form is applying to attend the BHSSC this summer. You have taught this student, so you can tell if she/he is a good candidate for this two-week residential program. Please complete the chart below and write a letter of recommendation for this student. Please return the sealed envelope to the student as soon as possible or mail to :
Katina Serina Program Coordinator Center for Diversity College of Engineering, 2620 Florida International University (305)348-6598
to be received by the deadline date of May 1st, 2008.
Name of student
Course taken with this teacher: Subject Year
Please put an X in the appropriate column for each of the following statements:
1. This student was eager to learn.
2. This student cared about other students.
3. This student was late to class.
4. This student skipped classes.
5. This student turned in homework and projects on time.
6. This student participated in class activities.
7. This student participated in lab activities.
8. This student participated in co-curricular activities (science fair, etc.).
9. This student volunteered to help other students.
10. This student was an asset to the class.