DEGREE OF SEVERITY
- The degree of injury, property damage, or other mission impairing factors. There are four degrees of severity.
- Catastrophic - Loss of ability to accomplish the mission or mission failure. Death or permanent total disability, system loss, or major property damage.
- Critical - Significantly degraded mission capability or unit readiness. Permanent partial disability, temporary total disability in excess of three months, major system damage, or significant property damage.
- Marginal - Degraded mission capability or unit readiness. Minor injury, lost workday accident, minor system damage, and minor property damage.
- Negligible - Little or no adverse impact on mission capability. First aid or minor medical treatment, minor system impairment.