7. How many grams of algae are needed to feed all the zooplankton that are eaten by all the trout, that are eaten by one eagle in a week?
8. Now fill in the blanks in the food pyramid:
9. How would the numbers change in the food pyramid to support 3 eagles? Draw a new pyramid to reflect the changes.
7. An area of the river has sustained a population of 5 bald eagles. If a pollutant or combination of pollutants reduced by 2,730,000 the number of zooplankton available for fish to eat in a year, how many eagles would be sustained in the area?
8.Once DDT makes up 10% of an eagle’s mass, an eagle dies. If the DDT accumulates 0.001g per zooplankton, how many trout can an eagle eat before it dies? Will it die in 1 week, less than a week or more than a week?
9. If 74,280 calories are available at the producer trophic level. How many calories would be available at the tertiary consumer level?