1. : The standard workweek shall consist of forty (40) hours spread over a maximum of five (5) consecutive eight (8) hour days. The standard workweek will be the period for which an employee is paid his/her straight‑time pay rate. The Employer will give the Union notification of any change in the hours of work, shifts or tours of duty affecting Unit employees in accordance with the procedure set forth in Article 12 (Negotiations). The Union shall be given the opportunity to request negotiations as appropriate.
2. : If the Employer proposes to change the workweek from the regular Monday through Friday schedule (standard workweek), the Employer and the Union will meet and discuss the need for a nonstandard tour and negotiate on the new tours. The Employer will give notice to employees in advance of any change in tours of duty.
3. : Employees whose personal religious beliefs require that they be absent from work during scheduled work periods may elect, with the approval of their supervisors, to engage in available compensatory overtime work within six (6) weeks (before or after) of the time which may be lost as the result of meeting those religious requirements. Employees who elect such overtime work with the approval of their supervisors shall be granted equal compensatory time off from their scheduled tour of duty (in lieu of overtime pay) for such religious reasons, or requirements. The premium pay provisions for overtime work do not apply to compensatory overtime for this purpose.
4. : Each employee is authorized one fifteen (15) minute rest break during each four (4) hours worked in the normal workday for that employee. Additionally, one fifteen (15) minute rest break is authorized within each four (4) hour period of overtime worked.
5. : Every employee shall be entitled to a forty‑five (45) minute period of time for lunch, which normally will be scheduled between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. In other than exceptional situations, the supervisor will not change the assigned lunch period. The employee shall be free to leave the worksite during this period.