The Passport Services instructions will be used as a guideline by the regional Union/Management Councils in administering the Flexiplace Program. Employees who elect and are approved to participate in this program must sign the Flexiplace Agreement found in Appendix A.
d. : The requirements, objectives and mission are the same for all shift work. General schedule employees working a night shift receive a ten percent differential of their rate of basic pay when they perform regularly scheduled night work between the hours of 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM. General schedule employees regularly scheduled on a night shift are also eligible for this night differential when participating in certain training in accordance with 5 CFR 410.402(b), when excused from work on a holiday or other non-workdays, and while on official travel status. For general schedule employees, night shift differentials are paid in addition to overtime, Sunday or holiday pay, but are not included in the rate of base pay used to compute these payments.
e. : Part time work and Job Sharing are part of the State Department Alternate Work Schedules. The Parties recognize that due to funding and resource limitations, the availability of these alternate work plans is limited. The Employer agrees to notify the Union if and when resources will allow more employees to participate in these plans.
a. Modifications or restrictions of the use of Flexitour or other Alternate Work Schedules by employees shall be based on one or more of the following:
(1) Operational consideration, including emergencies, related to the work situation only;
(2) Abuse of Flexitour or other Alternate Work Schedules, meaning misconduct of a serious nature during the scheduled work day that would be alleviated by the presence of a supervisor;
(3) Temporary suspension of the employee's participation in the Flexitour or other Alternate Work Schedules program for formal training;
(4) Requirement for close supervision for the initial training required to understand and perform the duties of the position;
(5) Requirement for close supervision of employees with serious deficiencies in the performance of their primary tasks over a period of at least one month, to the extent that the level of their performance would constitute grounds for an unsatisfactory performance rating. The intent here is that employees operating at this level would have the attention, to the extent practicable, of their regular or acting supervisors during times that the supervisors would not be available if the employees were participating in a Flexitour or other Alternate Work Schedule Plan.
b.Justifications for modifications or restrictions may be reviewed upon a change in conditions.