TOPIC: COMPUTER ETHICS AND LEGAL ISSUES
22.214.171.124 Define Computer Ethics, Code of Ethics, Intellectual Property, Privacy, Computer Crime and Cyber law.
126.96.36.199 Differentiate between ethics and law. 188.8.131.52 State the need for intellectual property laws.
ETHICS IN GENERAL
•A guidelines is needed to stop the current technology products from being exploited for example replicating original CDs and selling them as pirated software, this unethical behaviour can be controlled by the code of conducts.
•Computer ethics is a system of moral standards or values used as a guideline for computer users.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF COMPUTER CRIMES.
•The United States Institute of Computer Ethics has come out with the Ten Commandments of computer ethics
•This principles consider the effective code of conducts for the proper use of Information Technology.
You shall not use a computer to harm other people
2) You shall not interfere with other people's computer work
3) You shall not snoop around in other people's computer files
4) You shall not use a computer to steal
5) You shall not use a computer to bear false witness
6) You shall not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not paid