SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ETHICS AND LAW
•Both ethics and law are complimentary to each other and are made:
- to guide user from misusing computers
-to create a healthy computer society, so that computers are used to contribute to a better life
-to prevent any crime.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ETHICS AND LAW
•Guidelines - as a guidelines to computer users
•Moral standards - ethical behaviour is judge by moral standards
•Free to follow - computer users are free to follow or ignore the code ethics.
•No punishments - no punishment for anyone who violates ethics
•Universals - Universals can be applied anywhere, all over the world.
•Produce ethical computer users - to produce ethical computer users
• Immoral - not honouring computer ethics means ignoring the moral elements (immoral)
• Control - as a rule to control computer users.
• Judicial Standards - law is judge by judicial standards.
• Must follow - computers user must follow the regulations and law.
• Penalties, imprisonments and other punishments - penalties, imprisonments and other punishments for those who break the law.
•Depends on country - depends on country and state where the crime is committed
• Prevent misusing of computers - to prevent misuse of computers
•Crime - not honouring the law means committing a crime.
UNETHICAL VS LAW BREAKING CONDUCTS
•Using the office computer to do personal things
•Reading your friend's e-mail without his or her permission
•Plagiarising and using materials from the Internet for your class assignment without giving credit to the original author.