America; sever grandchildren; a brother, Edward, of Cincinnati, and a sister, Mrs. Honard Webster, of Hartwell.
Funeral services were held March 5.
I.O.O.F. and the 8 p.m. Sunday.
1951 (May): JNCA [21(5)] includes:
“In Memoriam: Dr. Solomon Ratner” (p. 26): On March 25, 1951, Dr. Solomon Ratner, of New York City, suddenly passed on. A most beloved personality, Dr. Ratner was a true healer, a fine scholar, and a genuine research worker. He gave unreservedly of himself in full service to both his patients and his profession. The honor and esteem of the community were justly his. He was a member of the Advisory Committee of this council. [NCA Council on Psychotherapy] Dr. Ratner is survived by his wife Eva, daughter Adele, and son Dr. Martin.
“News flashes: Ohio” (p. 44); includes: This state was saddened by the death of Dr. A.S. Johnson, of Struthers, on March 1. Dr. Johnson was an Ohio pioneer, having practiced in Struthers since 1913, and was a former OCA president. He was a long-time member of the NCA.
1951 (July): JNCA [21(7)] includes:
“News flashes: Indiana” (p. 46): DR. GEORGE R. MCGUIRE DIES Indiana chiropractors mourn the passing of Dr. George R. McGuire, Clinton, Indiana, who died at 10:47 A.M., May 25, 1951. Dr. McGuire was born in Cory, Pennsylvania and graduated from
P.S.C. in 1918.
He located in Clinton, was a member of
Indiana where he has always the National Chiropractic
Association, the Indiana Chiropractors’ president of the Wabash Valley Chiropractic
Society at the
time of his
Vermillioin Chapter No. 125 R.A.M., Consistory, Indianapolis. Dr. McGuire was
member of the
Democratic politics and served 1939, to 1942. He was a member
as city councilman of the Clinton Range
from January, Riders.
He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Wanda McGuire, and a brother and sister, Dr. Ray McGuire, of Centralia, Illinois, and Dr. Zoea
McGuire, of Terra Haute, Indiana. – NCA state delegate.
“News flashes: Maryland” (p. 52):
DR. LOPES PASSES AWAY
“Robin’s” hart fluttered mortal remains are forever
for the stilled.
last time on
May 29 and his
his friends and
by his Indian name, “Buck Anthony DeJesus Lopes,
Robin.” Buck or The Chief, and Dr. Lopes, of 320 West Main
Street, Elkton, road to Rising
Maryland, was laid to rest in Calvert Cemetery Sun) near Elkton, on Thursday, May 31.
So ended an adventurous life for a very learned man. “Buck” was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian, born about sixty-nine years ago in the hills of North Dakota. When but a child, he was taken by missionairies to the Monastary of San Sebastian in Portugal. He was trained and tutored in Christianity and received the degree of Dr. of Ecclesiastic Law. After leaving his home among the priests, “Buck” studied and did research in anatomy and the natural laws of life.
Dr. Lopes studied osteopathy, naturopathy, and chiropractic
among many other thousands of people
the healing memory of
He knew many
places. He never forgot a good deed, nor would he forgive an injustice. He was well known in the healing profession in every state of the United States and in some European and South American countries.
“Buck” was a staunch member of The Maryland Chiropractic Association, and he cherished his twenty-five-year membership pin. He was lowered to his grave with his prized pin on his lapel.
May his soul find peace in the Pagadonia, which he often referred to as the final resting place of his ancestors. – Submitted by Dr. Leo Klein.
1951 (Sept): JNCA [21(9)] includes:
“News flashes: Pennsylvania” (p. 54): DR. IRA S. MILLER PASSES AWAY Dr. Ira S. Miller, of Hanover, Pennsylvania, died of coronary occlusion on June 15, 1951, after a long career of active practice in Hanover. His nurse, Mrs. May Stine, has remained faithful to his practice and it is now being carried on by Dr. Samuel A. Conway. Dr. Miller was extremely active in many associations for the profession and played a big part in promoting the new bill in Pennsylvania whereby chiropractors shall be licensed under their own law by their own board. Dr. Miller was graduated from the National College of Chiropractic and opened practice in his home town of Hanover where he practiced for approximately thirty-five years. HE was a member of the National Chiropractic Association, the Pennsylvania Chiropractic Society, and was active in the National Council of Roentgenologists of the NCA. Many other groups and associations enjoyed his hearty support and he was loved and admired by all with whom he came into contact. He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Mary Miller; two sisters, Mrs. Elmer Herr and Mrs. Levi Diller; two brothers, Clarence and Amos Miller; and a daughter, Mrs. Alva Bender. – Submitted by Dr. Samuel A. Conway.
1951 (Sept): ICA Review (6) includes:
"A Tribute" (p. 8) notes that Charles E. Caster DC was a member of the first Board of Control of the Chiropractic Health Bureau (CHB), later the ICA
1951 (Oct): JNCA [21(10)] includes:
“News flashes: Indiana” (p. 46): TWO INDIANA PIONEERS PASS AWAY Dr. and Mrs. Henry T. Miller, of Mishawaka, Indiana, were fatally injured on Friday morning, August 10, 1951. The Millers were returning from Hinsdale, Ill., where the day before they attended the funeral of Dr. Miller’s last of kin, Brother Axell. They met with an accident at junction of highway No. 2 and No. 30 near Valparaiso when their car was struck by a milk truck and demolished. Dr. Miller was pronounced dead upon arrival in Porter Memorial Hospital in Valparaiso and Mrs. Miller passed away several hours later.
Dr. Miller is survived by a niece in Chicago. Mrs. Miller is survived by two brothers and a sister in North Carolina and several nieces and nephews.
Services at the grave were conducted by Mishawaka Lodge 130 F&AM. He was member of the Scottish Rite Club and the South Bend Consistory, a member of the Indiana Chiropractors Association and a past president of the Northwest District Association.
Dr. Miller was born in Chicago on October 24, 1882. Mrs. Miller was born in New Bern, North Carolina, May 8, 1879.