C. Tennis Courts
Pacific, Cherry Grove, Washington Manor Park and Heath Tennis Courts (individuals may rent 50% of the tennis courts at any City Tennis Venue).
Individual and League Play$8.00 per hour per court
Tournament Play$8.00 per hour per court
3. Groups must present an insurance certificate naming the City of San Leandro as additionally insured for no less than $1 million. Certificates must be on file 15 working days prior
to the event and may be purchased through the City.
4. Events cancelled due to inclement weather will be given the opportunity to schedule a make-up date depending on availability. If a make-up date cannot be selected, a full refund will be issued. The City reserves the right to cancel, modify or change a permit with prior notification
to the rental group.
5. Absolutely no alcohol is permitted on City fields or adjacent parking facilities. Violators are subject to a citation.
6. Organizations or groups shall inform the Recreation Supervisor if they will charge admission for their event. A special event permit may be required depending on the size and the type of event.
7. Play is allowed between 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. For the safety of participants and the general public, groups or organizations using a City facility or field must adhere to City laws ordinances to regulate the use of the public address system, off-leash animals, skateboarding, roller blading, bike riding, motorized scooters, and remote control vehicles. No overnight parking is permitted in City parks or parking lots.
8. The renting organization using City fields or facilities is responsible for inspecting the playing surfaces, grounds, restrooms and all other site amenities prior to the start of play. If a deficiency or vandalism is discovered, the City of San Leandro Recreation and Human Services Department must be notified immediately in order to relieve the renting organization of responsibility for the pre-existing conditions. A voicemail message to the Recreation Supervisor is sufficient notification.
9. The renting organization is responsible for keeping the City field or facility free of litter, disposing of event-related trash and spectator garbage. The renting organization is solely responsible for ensuring the facility is left in a clean and orderly manner at the conclusion of each day’s activities.
10. The use of sound equipment must comply with the City of San Leandro Noise Ordinance. More information is available upon request.
11. Use of a City field or facility shall be in accordance with all local laws, ordinances and regulations. Schedules of use and issuance of permits are the responsibility of the City of San Leandro Recreation and Human Services Department. No private, unattended vehicles are to be left on sidewalks or turf areas. Vehicles may access the venue to off load equipment and supplies, then immediately move to public parking areas. The City is not responsible for accidents, injury to an individual, or loss of property at City fields, facilities or tennis courts. A parent, guardian or custodian shall supervise minor(s) while at a City field, facility or tennis court.
G:\PAIVA\Park Fields\Field Application - 2007.doc