X hits on this document





50 / 57

Use connectors and ports properly

Never force a connector into a port. If the connector and port do not join with reasonable ease, they probably don’t match. Make sure that the connector matches the port and that you have positioned the connector correctly in relation to the port.

Reduce the chance of shock or injury

Keep your iPod nano away from sources of liquids, such as drinks or washbasins. Protect your iPod nano from rain or other moisture. Take care not to spill any food or liquid on iPod nano. In case of a spill, unplug iPod nano before cleaning up. You might need to send your equipment to Apple for service.

Warning: Do not use your iPod nano in or near water or wet locations.

Clean the outside of your iPod nano

Make sure your iPod nano is unplugged. Use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, or abrasives.

Repair your iPod nano

For service, see “Learning More, Service, and Support” on page 51.

Warning: Do not make repairs yourself. Do not attempt to open your iPod nano, disassemble it, or remove the battery. You run the risk of electric shock and voiding the limited warranty. No user- serviceable parts are inside.

Use your iPod nano in acceptable temperatures

Operate your iPod nano in a place where the temperature is always between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). iPod nano play time might temporarily shorten in low-temperature conditions.

Note: When you’re using your iPod nano or charging the battery, it is normal for the bottom of the case to get warm. The bottom of the iPod nano case functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the unit to the cooler air outside.

Store your iPod nano safely

Store your iPod nano in a place where the temperature is always between –20º and 45º C (–4º to 113º F). Don’t leave iPod nano in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.


Chapter 6

Safety and Cleaning

To Avoid hearing damage

Do This

Set your iPod nano volume to a safe level. If you experience ringing in your ears, reduce the volume or discontinue use of your iPod nano.

Warning: Permanent hearing loss may occur if earbuds or headphones are used at high volume. You can adapt over time to a higher volume of sound that may sound normal but can be damaging to your hearing. If you experience ringing in your ears or muffled speech, then stop listening and have your hearing checked. The louder the volume, the less time required before your hearing could be affected. Hearing experts suggest that to protect your hearing:

 Limit the amount of time you use earbuds or headphones at

high volume. Â Avoid turning up the volume to block out noisy surroundings. Â Turn the volume down if you can't hear people speaking

near you.

Document info
Document views197
Page views197
Page last viewedSun Jan 22 06:21:54 UTC 2017