Joanna Richardson, problem with the council locating room for meeting, can only offer meeting room for 8 people, tried to include Almand house etc. should this be a meeting that only WBDA attend in partnership with WBNA. WBDA does not just want to be a tick in the box. Make sure there is a requirement, what are the responses being measured on is there any tangible outcome, strategic look at the agenda. JA agenda point that either Nick Carter or his new post holder meet to discuss how WBDA use this meeting with Strategic outcomes. Officer level lowering, a feeling that this could be used better, no council members present.
John Holt thought that meeting with Jan Evans was better as she is of a more senior position, and that more issues are dealt with one to one.
Discussions with a junior person with to many agenda points not good. Disability quality standard. What are the thoughts of the WBC within this initiative. John Holt believes that high level is the way the next meeting. The number of members depends on the number of questions, belief that it should be a strategic review.
Action – Mick Hutchins, John Carr, John Head, John Holt and Jill Bosley only would attend a strategic meeting. Avonbank house committee room 1 – 10.30am we will request Joanna, Nick Carter and his replacement, Council member (senior) Equalities champion.
WBC meeting 2nd March
Chance to ask questions here, thoughts JH that questions should not be asked here, should be left until outcomes of the 28th are known.
Action - We will not ask questions for this meeting.
NB - There was some discussion about a neutral topic then those questions could be addressed. DDA requirement, public duty? No minutes being published on websites from task group meetings. The decision was not to raise anything at the next meeting.