SAMPLE FINANCIAL PROCEDURES MANUAL
A p p r o v e d b y _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ( o r g a n i z a t i o n ’ s ) B o a r d o f D i r e c t o r s o n
The Board of Directors formulates financial policies, delegates administration of the financial policies to the Executive Director and reviews operations and activities.
The Executive Director has management responsibility including financial management.
Current job descriptions will be maintained for all employees, indicating financial duties
Financial duties and responsibilities must be separated so that no one employee has sole control over cash receipts; disbursements; payroll; reconciliation of bank accounts; etc.
All employees involved with financial procedures shall take vacations or leaves of 5 consecutive work days each year. During such periods, back-up personnel who have been cross-trained in their duties will perform their tasks.
6. A blanket employee dishonesty coverage in the amount of $ maintained.
7. Professional financial service providers will be established annually. For (year) _______ ( p a y r o l l s e r v i c e s ) , t h (accounting software) these include , __________ (banking) e (restricted ___________ (insurance) , ____________ , _______________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ( a u d i t ___________ investments and retirement services), and o r s ) .
8. The ___________ (staff position) will maintain a current and accurate log of the chart of accounts, job accounts and accounting classes.
9. These policies and procedures will be reviewed bi-annually by the Committee)
CASH RECEIPTS (includes checks)
1. The ____________ (staff position) opens any mail addressed to _____________ (organization name) or without specific addressee. The receipt of checks or cash will be