recorded in the accounting system. All other checks or cash will be immediately
forwarded to the
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ( s t a f f p o s i t i o n ) .
2. The ___________ (staff position) will endorse all checks by rubber stamp to read as follows:
PAY TO THE ORDER OF ________ Bank Account # FOR DEPOSIT ONLY Organization Name Account Number The endorsement stamp will specify into which corporate account (savings, checking) the deposit will be made.
3. A report will be printed that includes the source and amount of the receipt as well as the
total daily deposit amount.
4. The checks and cash will then be forwarded to the (staff position), who _______________ will complete deposit slips in duplicate. Receipts and deposit slip will be placed in an
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ( B a n k ) .
5. If no cash is present, the envelope may be sealed and sent through the US mail. If cash
(staff position) will verify deposited funds prior to is present, the _______________ sealing the envelope and making the deposit in person.
Documentation for all receipts (a copy of check, letter, etc.) will be attached to the duplicate slip and filed chronologically.
All receipts will be deposited intact. No disbursements will be made from cash or check receipts prior to deposit.
The ______________ (staff position) will record each cash payment received in a number receipt book with a duplicate for the payer. Cash shall be locked in a secure location until taken to the bank.
The Executive Director will receive a copy of all deposit reports for review.
10. Checks received at the _______ (other office) location will be endorsed as in #2 above and mailed to the mail office for processing. Receipts will be given for cash as in #8 above. Cash will be brought to the main office by a staff or board member.