Unit Standard No.12164Page 122
- that all material facts must be accurately and properly disclosed, and that the accuracy and completeness of all answers, statements or other information provided by or on behalf of the client, are the client’s own responsibility;
- that if the provider completes or submits any transaction requirement on behalf of the client, the client should be satisfied as to the accuracy and completeness of the details;
- of the possible consequences of the misrepresentation or non-disclosure of a material fact or the inclusion of incorrect information; and
- that the client must on request be supplied with a copy or written or printed record of any transaction requirement within a reasonable time.
(2) No provider may in the course of the rendering of a financial service request any client to sign any written or printed form or document unless all details required to be inserted thereon by the client or on behalf of the client have already been inserted.
(3) A provider must, where applicable, at the request of a client, provide the client with a statement of account in connection with any financial service rendered to the client.
INSMAT final materials31/10/03