Unit Standard No.12164Page 65
TASK SHEET 2.6
With reference to the information above, answer the following questions and then check your answers with your peers, discussing the points you might need more clarity on.
1. There are 4 categories of FSP’s, a general category, FSP I, FSP II and FSP III
2. The element of bulking is one of the things which differentiate an FSP category II from an FSP category III
3. FSP category III or Administrative FSP’s render an intermediary service in respect of certain financial products, on the client’s instructions, through the method of bulking
4. A Discretionary FSP or an FSP category II renders an intermediary service of a discretionary nature and also implements bulking.
6. From the definition of an Discretionary FSP that this type of FSP is most likely to be a Linked Investment Service Provider (LISP)
7. It appears from the definition of a Administrative FSP, that this type of FSP is likely to be a discretionary investment manager.
8. The description of what an Administrative FSP and a Discretionary FSP is, is given in the General Code of Conduct
9. From the information given, it seems that the FSP category I is a default category that FSP’s will fall into if they are neither Discretionary nor Administrative FSP’s
INSMAT final materials31/10/03