X hits on this document





80 / 89

at 800-424-LEAD.

What is required under the law? For units built before 1978 nd which are not certified as ee of lead-based paint, the

landlord must:

  • Give the future tenant an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved pamphlet on identifying and controlling lead-based paint hazards. The pamphlet is titled "Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home" and is available in multiple languages at www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/leadprot.htm or by calling the National Lead Information Clearinghouse at 800-424-LEAD.

  • Remodelers and builders who perform work on homes built before 1978 must comply with new lead paint safety requirements set by the EPA. Any company doing work in these homes must be certified, follow specific work practices, and keep detailed records.

  • Disclose any known information concerning lead-based paint or lead hazards. The landlord must also disclose information such as the location of the lead- based paint and/or lead hazards, and the condition of the painted surfaces.

  • Provide any records and reports on lead-based paint and/or lead hazards, which are available to the landlord. For multi-unit buildings, this requirement includes records and reports concerning common areas and other units, when such information was obtained as a result of a building-wide evaluation.

  • Include in the lease or as an attachment to the lease, a Lead Warning Statement and language, which confirms that the landlord has complied with all notification requirements. This attachment is to be provided in the same language used in the rest of the contract. Landlords, agents, and tenants, must sign and date the attachment.


Document info
Document views419
Page views419
Page last viewedThu Jan 19 17:59:27 UTC 2017