X hits on this document





11 / 48


1871 1879 1882 1883 1888 1894 1895 1909 1918 1921 1922 1934 1936 1938 1945

1948 1952

1957 1960 1962 1966 1973 1974 1977 1981 1981 1986 1989 1991 1995 1998

Methodist chapel, now Eleanor House, built. New school built in Church Lane

Lye Farm burnt down The Tichborne’s claimant trial Ropley becomes a separate parish Coffee Room opened Ropley School enlarged St Peter’s Church rebuilt Ropley and West Tisted Cottage Garden and Allotment Society founded Dene Stores and bakery opened, Methodist Chapel opens Wooden Parish Hall built First tractor in the village and first TT (tested for tuberculosis) milk herd Ropley Women’s Institute founded First mains electricity available Monkwood Mission Church established New Parish Hall opened

Mains water came to Ropley (though many houses still without in the 1970’s and at least one as late as the mid-1990’s)

Cricket and football pitches cleared

Mains electricity widely came to Ropley (similarly, took to the end of the 1970’s for all houses to be connected)

Bowling Green laid School modernised Cricket pavilion opened Pram Race started Railway closed Ropley Football club promoted to senior division Mid-Hants Railway Co. opens the Watercress steam railway New tennis pavilion built Census; 1432 population of Ropley excluding West Tisted New Bowling Club clubhouse built New surgery built; a good example of modern architecture Census; 1535 Ropley WI closed for the second time School extended

Ropley at the Millennium — 11

Document info
Document views61
Page views61
Page last viewedFri Oct 21 02:58:11 UTC 2016