X hits on this document

PDF document

State of California Department of Pesticide Regulation - page 12 / 132





12 / 132


commissioner must be approved by the Director of DPR before it becomes operative.

Enforcement Agencies

The Director of the Department of Pesticide Regulation and the county agricultural commissioners are respon- sible for regulating all aspects of pesticide sales and use and protecting public health and the environment from any adverse effects that may occur from the legal use of pesticides. The county agricultural commissioners act under the direction and supervision of the Director of DPR. In any county that does not have a county agricultural commissioner, the Director of DPR acts as the agricultural commissioner.

Cooperating Agencies

Other state and federal agencies involved in cooperative enforcement with DPR and the county agricultural commissioners include:

California Department of Consumer Affairs, Structural Pest Control Board. The Structural Pest Control Board (SPCB) regulates structural pest control for hire, including fumigation and treatment of structural pests. The SPCB is responsible for issuing licenses to structural pest control operators and field representatives.

The SPCB issues licenses for people that perform structural pest control for hire in the following areas:

  • structural fumigation

  • general structural pest control

  • termite structural pest control

  • wood roof cleaning and treatment

For additional information on struc- tural pest control licensing require- ments, contact the SPCB at (916) 263- 2540, 1418 Howe Avenue, Suite 18, Sacramento, CA, 95825, http:// www.dca.ca.gov/pestboard/.

If you need help determining whether you need an agricultural or a structural pest control license, contact DPR’s Pest Management and Licensing Branch or the SPCB for advice on which license is required.

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). The U.S. EPA is responsible for registering pesticides for specified uses, taking into consider- ation both safety and benefits. All pesticides must be registered by the U.S. EPA before they are sold, held for sale, or distributed in commerce. U.S. EPA also oversees and reviews state and county regulatory programs for compliance with federal requirements, including the federal Worker Protec- tion Standard.

  • U.

    S. Food and Drug Administration

  • (U.

    S. FDA). The U.S. FDA is respon-

sible for enforcing pesticide residue tolerances on food shipped in interstate commerce. As part of these activities, U.S. FDA regulates pesticide residue levels in domestically produced and imported foods. They also investigate incidents in which pesticide residue levels exceed the allowed tolerance levels on food.

Document info
Document views487
Page views487
Page last viewedSat Jan 21 23:39:50 UTC 2017