X hits on this document

PDF document

State of California Department of Pesticide Regulation - page 55 / 132





55 / 132


not possessed a valid California Pest Control Adviser License within the last 12 months you must retake and pass the examination. The minimum qualifications for first-time Pest Control Adviser License applicants include

  • A.

    having a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in agricultural sciences, biological sciences, or pest management OR

  • B.

    having 60 semester units (90 quarter units) of college-level curriculum in the agricultural sciences, biological sciences, or pest management, plus two years of technical experience as an assistant to a licensed Agricul- tural Pest Control Adviser, or other technical experience equivalent to work such as

    • an assistant to a pest manage- ment specialist

    • a field sweeper

    • a field checker or scout

    • a participant in field or lab research activities relating to pest control

    • a participant in agricultural pest control or management activities at the federal, state, or county level

    • a Qualified Applicator Lic- ensee employed by a licensed pest control business (No more than 12 months of experience solely in the Landscape Maintenance Pest Control Category or the Health Related Pest Control Category must be used.)

    • an authorized licensee listed on a Structural Pest Control Operator License (No more than 12 months of work experience as a licensed structural pest control opera- tor must be used.)

    • a farm operator

The college-level curricula specified in A and B above must include the following:

  • 12 semester/18 quarter units of biological science courses, includ- ing one chemistry course AND

  • 18 semester/27 quarter units of agricultural science courses, including both production and pest management courses AND

  • 9 semester/13.5 quarter units of agricultural science, biological science, pest management and/or chemistry courses

This is a total requirement of 39 semester units or 58.5 quarter units. Applicants must submit official transcripts from colleges or universities they attended. See Sidebar 4 for new minimum requirements that will take effect in January, 2003.

Adviser Licensing Categories. Agricultural Pest Control Advisers may make recommendations only in categories in which they have been found to be qualified through the examination process. See Sidebar 5.

County Registration. Before Agricul- tural Pest Control Advisers can make agricultural use recommendations in any county, they must register with the county agricultural commissioner. Do this by first registering in person with the county agricultural commissioner in your home county (indicated by the address on your Pest Control Adviser license). If your address is not in California, register in person in your county of occupational choice.

When you register you must tell the county agricultural commissioner where your written recommendations will be available for review. This information will be written on your county registration form. You can register in additional counties by mail in cases where the county agricultural

Document info
Document views415
Page views415
Page last viewedTue Jan 17 04:43:24 UTC 2017