SECTION 32 12 43 – FLEXIBLE POROUS PAVING
PART 1 – GENERAL
1.1 General Provisions
A. The Conditions of the Contract and all Sections of Division 1 are hereby made a part of this Section.
1.2 Description of Work
A. Work Included:
1. Provide and install sandy gravel road base as shown on drawings, to provide adequate support for project design loads. See 2.2 Materials.
2. Provide EZ Roll Grassroad Paver Paving System products including EZ Roll Grassroad Paver units, and installation per the manufacturer's instructions furnished under this section.
3. Provide and install specified topsoil to fill the EZ Roll Grassroad Paver units, when needed.
4. Provide and install grass by using method per plans.
B. Related Work:
1. Subgrade preparation under Section 31 20 00 Earth Moving.
2. Subsurface drainage materials - Section 33 46 00 Subdrainage, when needed
3. Irrigation installation - Section 32 80 00 Irrigation, when needed.
1.3 Quality Assurance
A. Follow Section 01 33 00 Submittal Procedures requirements.
B. Installation: Performed only by skilled workpeople with satisfactory record of performance on landscaping or paving projects of comparable size and quality.
1.4 Delivery, Storage, and Handling
A. Protect EZ Roll Grassroad Paver units from damage during delivery and store under tarp to protect from sunlight, when time from delivery to installation exceeds one week.
1.5 Project Conditions
Review installation procedures and coordinate EZ Roll Grassroad Paver work with other work affected. Generally, EZ Roll Grassroad Paver is installed at the same time as project grass installation, nearly the last site construction activity.
All hard surface paving adjacent to EZ Roll Grassroad Paver areas, including concrete walks and asphalt paving should be completed prior to installation of EZ Roll Grassroad Paver.
32 12 43 - 1 FLEXIBLE POROUS PAVING