recruited soon at district level.
As per approved PIP 2009-10 5 Eye Cousellors @ Rs. 10,000 pm are being recruited soon.
District Blindness Control Society would be empowered to use GOI grant released under NPCB to meet expenses on the following:
1. Eye Check up of incumbents of blind school including special investigations;
2. Medical and/or surgical treatment of referred cases including medicine prescribed after treatment/surgery.
3. Low vision Aids and/or spectacles prescribed.
4. TA/DA to members of the Board for travel relating to the scheme.
Focus in 2010-11
1. Eye collection centres to be established in all the districts of the State.
2. To achieve 100% target of cataract operations.
3. To provide following eye equipments at Sub Divisional Hospitals for effective eye care services:
Slit Lamp, A-scan, operating Microscope, Keratometer, vision drum (Distant and near) Trial Frame and Trial Set.
Strengthening of Vision Centers in all districts of the State.
Proposed pattern of assistants and strategy for 11th plan
Keeping in view austerity measures and to avoid duplicity of work, State Ophthalmic Cell has been merged with State Blindness Control Society. Due to formation of National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), State Blindness Control Society (SBCS) under NPCB has been further merged with State Health Society under NRHM. District Blindness Control Society (DBCS) under NPCB has also been merged with District Health Society under NRHM. Funds for implementation of the programme would be released through State Health Societies in the form of Grant in Aid.
Increase in assistance for commodity to various facilities to increase their capacity for treatment of all types of eye ailments.
Facility for IOL implantation expanded upto Taluka level.
Marginal increase in grant in aid to Eye Banks, Eye Donation Centres and NGOs