B-3. The role of each position in a program
The LMTV programs are usually organized by 5 main actors and with their partnership and cooperation. The actors would be 1) Receiving organization 2) Local partner 3) Volunteer 4) Local people and 5) Sending organization. It is important to make each role clear and share these roles properly. The roles range from Program planning to financial resources. (Though it would be different from each organization and its financial system, there are some common points)
1. Role of receiving organization (National Host organization):
* Send sufficient information to sending organization and volunteer
* Confirmation about the acceptance to the sending organization and volunteer
* Making program with local organization
* Visa arrangement
* Coordination with local organization
* Selection of volunteers
* Training and orientation for volunteers
* Transportation from the meeting point to the project side.
* Evaluation report (including middle) with receiving organization.
* Organizing extra activities (as a option)
* Communication with receiving organization
* Financial management
* Emergency contact for the volunteer.
* Cancellation treatment (providing or trying to find other seat of project for volunteers)
Role of Local Partner (Project)
Try to manage the meal and accommodation for the volunteers.
Coordinating daily work for the volunteers
Providing counsellor or contact person for the volunteers.
Providing transportation during the project
Providing health care for volunteers.
Introduce the local culture, custom, law, tradition, belief and norms to the volunteers
Giving a chance of involvement with the local people
Providing evaluation report (including middle) with the receiving organization
Organizing extra activities (as an optional activities)
Communication with receiving organization (especially to extend volunteers stay) they must tell both sending and hosting organization.