B-12. Care for volunteers during the program
Sometimes volunteers feel lonely and home sick, and sometimes rely on you more than the host organization. Because they are from your country and they want to tell you their situation in your language.
It means that continuously support from your organization makes them feel at ease and
it keeps their motivation and their energy.
In detail, the problems that might be encountered by the volunteers during their stay are as describe bellows:
- Home sick
- Food, health and accommodation
- Misunderstanding (work, culture, receiving organization)
- More private time (privacy)
- Extending visa
- Worry (sickness, culture)
- Getting tired of the project
- Sending newsletter for the volunteer.
- Contact the host organization and volunteer by e mail, letter or phone if it is really necessary.
- Monitoring the project (middle term evaluation, project visit)
- Contact their family.
- Sending newsletter.
- Mental support by email, mailing list, letter, phone call or SMS.