The weak points of LMTV
* Difficult to keep motivations
* Difficult to get job after projects because they left the job for quite long time.
* Boredom can set in.
* Local partners expected too much from volunteers.
* Different way of life
* Financial difficulties of longer stay
* Too much time to prepare the projects.
* The project depends more on personal skill, character, ability, and capacity
* Different thoughts that will cause wrong actions
* More expensive than short term volunteer.
* Volunteer can do less works than professionals
* Bad facilities from host family
* Perception of cheap workers (misuse of volunteers)
* Non educated or non professional people (volunteers) are doing work
* Less efficient than to have a local volunteer (in case of international volunteers)
Opportunity (means the opportunity to do LMTV project)
* Many young people change their ways of life
* Increasing of the retired people, potential needs
* More holidays since some government tried to reduce the working hours、especially in some European countries.
* The social status of volunteer is getting higher
* More awareness from the people toward global issues
* People are more interested in NGO
* LMTV is easy to be introduced in a new culture and later on can be used to find a job.
* Air ticket is getting cheaper and the use of student card for discount.
* Experience of past participants who gave feedbacks to new participants and can promote LMTV and impact to the society.
* The increasing problem because of globalization and they need the volunteers help.
* Some governments need to minimize the budget, so they cut some departments that later on volunteers can help to do it,
* People do not help each others
* Environmental problems
* Difference of poor and rich are setting bigger
* Many vacant places