X hits on this document





4 / 24

You must show your Public Services Card to the travel operator when you are travelling on public transport. When you receive your new Public Services Card, you must return your old free travel pass to the Department of Social Protection.

There are 3 categories of Free Travel Pass:

If FT-P is written on your Public Services Card, you personally are entitled to free travel.

If FT+S is written on your Public Services Card, your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant can join you for free when you are travelling (they cannot travel for free alone). Your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant’s name will not be on the card.

If FT+C is written on your Public Services Card a companion (over 16) can travel with you for free (because you are unable to travel alone for medical reasons).

To qualify for free travel with a Free Travel Pass, you must be living permanently in the State and be aged 66 or over.

If you are under age 66 and permanently living in the State, you will qualify for a Free Travel Pass if one of the statements below applies to you:

  • You are getting one of the following payments:

    • Invalidity Pension,

    • Blind Pension,

    • Disability Allowance,

    • Incapacity Supplement or Workmen’s Compensation with Disablement Pension, for at least 12 months,

Document info
Document views80
Page views80
Page last viewedSat Jan 21 19:48:20 UTC 2017