1. MEMORY: Walk around the class and talk to other students about memory. Change partners often. Sit with your first partner(s) and share your findings.
2. CHAT: In pairs / groups, decide which of these topics or words from the article are most interesting and which are most boring.
research / our memory / questions / participants / Internet / rely on / storage / stupid / remembering / folders / find things online / location / technology / these days / skill
Have a chat about the topics you liked. Change topics and partners frequently.
3. COMPUTERS: How have they changed life? Complete this table with your partner(s). Change partners and share what you wrote. Change and share again.
4. INTERNET: Students A strongly believe the Internet makes us more intelligent;
Students B strongly conversations.
5. ONLINE: What‟s most important for you? Rank these and share your rankings with your partner. Put the best at the top. Change partners and share your rankings again.
6. DATA: Spend one minute writing down all of the different words you associate with
the word „data‟. Share your words with your partner(s) and talk about them. Together, put the words into different categories.
The Internet is changing our memory – 18th July, 2011 More free lessons at www.BreakingNewsEnglish.com - Copyright Sean Banville 2011