X hits on this document





184 / 220

  • 6.

    Rehabilitation and operation of historic transportation facilities,

  • 7.

    Preservation of abandoned railway corridors (including their conversion to bicycle and pedestrian facilities),

  • 8.

    Control and removal of outdoor advertising,

  • 9.

    Archeological planning and research, and

  • 10.

    Mitigation of water pollution due to highway runoff (above and beyond normal environmental mitigation).

Enhancement projects are normally 80% federally funded, with the remaining 20% matched by the "Sponsor", who may be the AHTD, another State Agency, or local government. These projects are, however, administered by the AHTD. They range in cost from a few hundred dollars to several million dollars.

112A.02 Construction Contract Administration. Because of the varying size of these projects and the need for "specialty" skills in order to properly inspect them, provision will be made whenever possible for an enhancement project's "Sponsor" (or its representative, such as an architect) to be responsible for the routine inspection and documentation of the project. In these cases, it is NOT necessary to keep a daily Resident Engineer's Construction Diary. It is, however, the Department's responsibility


1. Participate in the preconstruction conference, if one is held.

Stress at the

preconstruction conference that all Change Orders must be approved by the Department.

  • 2.

    Keep file(s) on each project with appropriate correspondence, Change Orders, Estimates, etc.,

  • 3.

    Prior to submission of each Estimate (Progress and Final), meet with the Contractor's representative, and the Sponsor and/or his representative at the work site and visually verify (insofar as is reasonably possible) that the work was performed and meets the contract's specification requirements,

  • 4.

    Prior to submission of each Estimate (Progress and Final), obtain the Contractor's billing statement and the Sponsor's (and/or his representative's) written certification that the work was performed in accordance with the contract and that materials used meet the contract’s specification requirements (American Institute of Architects [AIA] Form G702 is one acceptable form that may be utilized for this purpose),

  • 5.

    Prior to submission of the Final Estimate, schedule and conduct a Final Inspection in accordance with Subsection 105.09 of this Manual. ALL ENHANCEMENT PROJECTS MUST HAVE A FINAL INSPECTION REPORT.

  • 6.

    Submit Progress Estimates in accordance with the payment schedule specified in the contract and the Final Estimate on Form 19-119 to the Construction Office and attach copies of the Contractor’s billing statement and the Sponsor’s Certification, as specified in Item 4 above.

  • 7.

    Submit Materials Estimates in accordance with Subsection 112A.04 of this Manual.


Page 100-160

Document info
Document views981
Page views981
Page last viewedTue Jan 17 09:53:55 UTC 2017