GAIN Report - IS5009Page 46 of 2
Radiation - free Certificate
Additional requirements for dairy products as SPECIALTY FOODS
Other Country - Specific Certificates
Declaration regarding the existence of Inhibitors, pharmaceutical components, antibiotics, or pesticide residues.
II. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
VI. ISRAEL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Sample of Label (original label needed)
"U.S. Certificate of Origin for Exporting to Israel" (CO)
Description of Manufacturing Process Authorization/Certification/Notarization of Documents.
The government of Israel requires food products to be registered with the Ministry of Health before they can be sold in the country. United States Food and Drug Administration approval is not mandatory, but is preferred by Israeli importers as it accelerates the product registration process and import license approval. Product registration normally takes from 14 to 21 days if all documentation is in order.
All dairy products imported to Israel must be pasteurized and abide by all official standards and regulations of Israel. The following documents have to be presented.
1. List of ingredient including food additives, identified by their chemical name or respective E- number (as in the European Union).
2. Product label (original).
3. Certificate of analysis including chemical phosphatase test and microbiological.
4. Declaration or analysis certificate regarding inhibitors, drug residues, antibiotics, pesticide residues, and preservatives (The only preservative allowed is sorbic acid up to 750ppm).
5. Certificate from the veterinary authorities, according to EEC. An APHIS Export Certificate, VS Form 16-4 (Attachment) stating that they come form herds free from foot- and- mouth disease.
6. Flow diagram of production, including technological process.
7. Certificate of GMP, HACCP, and/or any other quality control systems.
UNCLASSIFIEDUSDA Foreign Agricultural Service