Deleting an Original or Playlist Title/Chapter
When you erase a title or chapter from the Playlist menu, you only remove it from the Playlist; the title/chapter remains in the Original menu.
If you choose to delete a title or chapter from the Original (title/chapter) menu, the title or chapter is actually deleted from the disc and the remaining time available for recording increases. Titles/chapters deleted from the Original are also removed from the Playlist.
Note: It may not be possible to delete chapters that are less than 5 seconds long.
1. Use b / B / v / V to choose a chapter or title you want to delete on the Title List or Chapter List menu then press ENTER. The menu options appears on the left side of the screen.
2. Select [Delete] option from the options on the menu.
Example: Title List (HDD)
Press ENTER to confirm. The confirm message for deleting will appear.
Use b / B to select [Yes] then press ENTER. The selected chapter or title is deleted. After pressing ENTER, the new, updated menu is displayed.
Repeat steps 1 - 4 to continue to delete from the menu.
6 . P r e s s R E T U R N ( O ) r e p e a t e d l y t o e x i t t h e m e n u . N o t e s : When DVD+RW recording, the deleted title’s name is changed to ‘Deleted Title’. If more than two titles are repeatedly deleted, the titles are combined into one. When you are deleting a title or chapter, only the last one on DVD+RW increases remaining recording time.
Deleting a Part
You can delete a part which you do not want in the title.
Use b / B / v / V to choose a title you want to delete on the Title List menu then press ENTER. The options appears on the left side of the menu.
Select [Delete Part] option then press ENTER. Title Edit (Delete Part) menu appears on the TV screen.
[Start Point] icon is highlighted. Example: Title Edit (Delete Part) (HDD)
Starts playback and use pause step, search and slow-motion to find the starting point.
Press ENTER at the starting point of the section you want to delete. ‘End Point’ icon is highlighted. The part is indicated on the Progress Bar.
5. Use pause step, search and slow-motion to find the ending point.
6. Press ENTER at the ending point of the section you want to delete. You can cancel the selected point, use v / V to
Tip:select [Cancel] icon then press ENTER. With HDD recordings, you can delete additional part. Select [Next Part] icon on the menu then press ENTER, then repeat steps 3-6.
7. If you finish to edit, select [Done] icon then press ENTER. The confirm message for deleting will appear. Use b / B to select [Yes] then press ENTER. The selected part is deleted from the title and Title List menu appears.
Note: It may not be possible to delete parts that are less than 3 seconds long.