Overwriting Recording +RW
To overwrite a new video recording on a previously recorded title, follow these steps. This feature is not available for DVD+Rs, that always record at the end of the Disc.
1. Select input source you want to record (TV channel, AV1-4, DV).
2. Press MENU/LIST to display the Title List menu.
Use v V b B to choose a title you want to overwrite.
Press REC (z) to start overwrite recording. Overwrite recording starts from the start point of the title.
5. Press STOP (x) to stop the overwrite recording. The new title is created and updated menu is d i s p l a y e d . N o t e s : This function is not available for a protected title. If the overwrite is longer than the recording length of the current title, the next title is overwritten. But if next title is protected, the overwriting stops at the starting point of the title. If the selected title’s recording length is less than 10 seconds, the next title is overwritten. But if the next title is protected, overwriting stops.
Viewing Title List menu displayed on other DVD Recorders or Players
+RW +R You can view the Title List menu displayed on the other DVD player that is capable of playing DVD+RW or DVD+R discs.
1. Insert DVD+R or DVD+RW disc recorded already.
2. Press TITLE in Play mode. T i t l e L i s t m e n u w i l l a p p e a r a s s h o w n b e l o w . T i p You can remove the Title List menu by pressing STOP (x).
3. To play back a title, select the title you want then press ENTER or N (PLAY).
Playing Your Recordings on Other DVD Players (Finalizing a Disc)
Most regular DVD players can play finalized discs recorded in Video mode, finalized DVD+R or DVD+RWs. A small number of players can also play DVD-RW discs recorded in VR mode, finalized or not. Check the manual that came with the other player to check what formats of discs it will play.
Finalizing ‘fixes’ the recordings and editings in place so that the disc can be played on a regular DVD player or computer equipped with a suitable DVD- ROM drive. Finalizing a Video mode disc creates a menu screen for navigating the disc. The menu can be accessed by pressing MENU/LIST or TITLE. To finalize a disc, refer to “Finalize” on page 24.
Unfinalized DVD+RW is playable on regular DVD players.
The edited contents of a DVD+RW disc is compatible on regular DVD players only after finalization.
Any edited contents of the DVD+R disc are not compatible on regular DVD players. (Hide, chapter combine, added chapter mark, etc.)
How long finalization takes depends on the type of disc, how much is recorded on the disc, and the number of titles on the disc.
DVD+R DL disc can take up to 30 minutes to finalize.