X hits on this document





64 / 66

Ellsworth Sourcewater Protection Plan, Appendix E December 2004 Rev. September 2005 Page 61 of 63

  • Maine Department of Environmental Protection Combined sewer overflows (CSOs) occur during storm events when a mixture of wastewater and stormwater runoff overflows the combined sewer collection system before receiving treatment at a licensed wastewater treatment facility. Design and construction costs associated with CSO remediation may be funded through the Maine Combined Sewer Overflow Grant Program by the State Revolving Loan Fund or State grant.

FMI: http://www.maine.gov/dep/blwq/docgrant/csoinf.htm Contact John True, CSO Coordinator, at 287-7808 or john.n.true@maine.gov.

  • Maine Department of Environmental Protection Nonpoint Source Water Pollution Control Grants ("319 Grants") are available to prevent or reduce nonpoint source pollution entering water resources so that beneficial uses of the water resources are maintained or restored. FMI: http://www.state.me.us/dep/blwq/docgrant/319.htm Contact Norm Marcotte of the Nonpoint Source Program at (207) 287-3901 or norm.g.marcotte@state.me.us.

  • Maine Department of Environmental Protection The Small Community Grant Program provides grants to towns to help replace malfunctioning septic systems that are polluting a waterbody or causing a public nuisance. Grants can be used to fund from 25% to 100% of the design and construction costs. Highest priority is given for pollution of a public drinking water supply or a shellfishing area. FMI: http://www.maine.gov/dep/blwq/docgrant/scgpara2.htm Contact Richard Green of the Small Community Grant Program at (207) 287-7765 or richard.a.green@maine.gov.

  • Maine Department of Environmental Protection The State Revolving Load Fund provides low interest loans to municipalities and quasi-municipal corporations such as sanitary districts for construction of wastewater facilities. The DEP Division of Engineering and Technical Assistance administers the technical aspects of the program. Through the related Construction Grant Program, DEP can also use bond issue funds with other sources of funding to provide affordable financing of municipal and quasi-municipal wastewater facilities. FMI: http://www.maine.gov/dep/blwq/docgrant/srfparag.htm Contact Steve McLaughlin of the Division of Engineering & Technical Assistance at

    • (207)

      287-7768 or steve.a.mclaughlin@maine.gov.

  • Maine Department of Environmental Protection Watershed Protection Grants are available (up to $1000) for service learning projects designed to protect water quality of a lake or stream and to educate the public about the relationship between land use and water quality. Teachers or Advisors of grades 6 through 12 may apply. FMI: http://www.state.me.us/dep/blwq/docgrant/watershed.htm Contact Christine Smith, Lake Education Coordinator, at (207) 287-3901 or christine.p.smith@maine.gov.

Note: Please check specific program requirements for more information and updates

Document info
Document views232
Page views232
Page last viewedSun Jan 22 00:27:43 UTC 2017