X hits on this document

PDF document

Design: Rick Swan Editing: Elizabeth Danforth Black and White Art: Terry Dykstra Color Art: Julie ... - page 87 / 157

434 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

87 / 157

available to the party for that day. (Note that less rugged terrain types are relatively unaffected, as the optimum paths are usually obvious, even without the help of a Pathfinder.)

Barren, wasteland Clear, farmland Desert, rocky Desert, sand Forest, light Forest, medium Forest, heavy Glacier Hills, rolling Hills, steep (foothills) Jungle, medium Jungle, heavy Marsh, swamp Moor Mountains, low Mountains, medium Mountains, high Plains, grassland,

1 1/2 1 2 1 2 3 1 1 3 4 6 6 3 3 4 6

heath Scrub, brushland Tundra

1 1 2

Owing to his steady hand and acute vision, the Pathfinder has a +1 bonus to the attacks made with a favorite missile weapon. It must be one in which he has proficiency and selected as a weapon of choice.

By observing subtle changes in the terrain, the Pathfinder is able to recognize natural hazards, enabling him and his companions to avoid them. Typical hazards include quicksand, sinkholes, slippery slopes, and thin ice. A Pathfinder has no special ability to recognize man-made hazards, such as pit traps or dangerous bridges, nor does he have any special talent for anticipating encounters with hostile natives or animals.

A Pathfinder's chance of recognizing a hazard is 10% per experience level; to a maximum chance of 90% at ninth level. If the DM determines that the Pathfinder is approaching an area containing a natural hazard, he secretly rolls percentile dice. If the roll is equal to or less than the Pathfinder's chance, the Pathfinder recognizes a potential hazard. (Optionally, the DM might only describe an unusual aspect of the terrain and let the Pathfinder come to his own conclusions. For example, if the Pathfinder is approaching a pool of quicksand, the DM might say that the ground feels exceptionally spongy. If the Pathfinder nears a patch of thin ice, the DM might point out that the ice ahead is discolored and laced with tiny cracks).

Document info
Document views434
Page views434
Page last viewedThu Dec 08 05:02:06 UTC 2016
Pages157
Paragraphs4045
Words65662

Comments