210254: MICROPROCESSOR INTERFACING LABORATORY
Teaching schemeExamination scheme
Practical: 4 Hrs/weekTerm work: 50 Marks
Practical: 50 Marks
Suggested List of Assignments
Part - I) 8086 programming
1. Write 8086 Assembly language program (ALP) to add array of N numbers stored in the memory.
2. Write 8086 ALP to perform non-overlapped and overlapped block transfer.
3. Write 8086 ALP to find and count negative numbers from the array of signed numbers stored in memory.
4. Write 8086 ALP to convert 4-digit Hex number into its equivalent BCD number and 5-digit BCD number into its equivalent HEX number. Make your program user friendly to accept the choice from user for: 1) HEX to BCD 2) BCD to HEX 3) EXIT.
Display proper strings to prompt the user while accepting the input and displaying the result.
5. Write 8086 ALP for the following operations on the string entered by the user.
Calculate Length of the string
Reverse the string.\
Check whether the string is palindrome or not
Make your program user friendly by providing MENU like:
Enter the string
Calculate length of string
Display appropriate messages to prompt the user while accepting the input and displaying the result.
6. Write 8086 ALP to perform string manipulation. The strings to be accepted from the user is to be stored in code segment Module_1 and write FAR PROCEDURES in code segment Module_2 for following operations on the string:
Concatenation of two strings
Compare two strings
Number of occurrences of a sub-string in the given string
Find number of words, characters, number of lines and number of capital letters from the given text in the data segment
Note: Use PUBLIC and EXTERN directive. Create .OBJ files of both the modules and link them to create an EXE file.
7. Write 8086 ALP to arrange the numbers stored in the array in ascending as well as descending order. Assume that the first location in the array holds the number of elements in the array and successive memory locations will have actual array elements. Write a separate subroutine to arrange the numbers in ascending and descending order. Accept a key from the user.
If user enters 0 = arrange in ascending order.
If user enters 1 = arrange in descending order.
Write 8086 ALP to perform multiplication of two 8–bit numbers. Use successive addition and add and shift method.
Write a program in C to use assembly language statements using #Pragma inline
Write following programs in C using int86, int86x, intdos, intdosx functions
To delete a file