Traffic and Parking
Sec. 10-1-21 Stopping or Parking Prohibited in Certain Specified Places.
(a) Parking Prohibited at All Times. Except temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading or in receiving or discharging passengers or property and while the vehicle is attended by a licensed operator so that it may be moved promptly in case of an emergency or to avoid obstruction of traffic, no person shall at any time park or leave standing any vehicle:
(1) Within an intersection.
(2) On a crosswalk.
(3) On a sidewalk or terrace area, except when parking in such place is clearly indicated by official traffic signs or markers or parking meters. "Terrace or Sidewalk Area" means that area between the sidewalk and the nearest curb line running parallel or generally parallel thereto or in the absence of a sidewalk ten (10) feet beyond the curb line.
(4) Alongside or opposite any highway excavation or obstruction when such stopping or standing would obstruct traffic or when pedestrian traffic would be required to travel in the roadway.
(5) On the roadway side of any parked vehicle unless double parking is clearly indicated by official traffic signs or markers.
(6) Within a fire lane consisting of either the driveway between the front doors of a Fire Station and the public street or in such places properly designated and marked as fire lanes ordered by the Fire Chief.
(7) Upon any portion of a highway where and at the time when stopping or standing is prohibited by official traffic signs indicating the prohibition of any stopping or standing.
(8) In any place or manner so as to obstruct, block or impede traffic.
(9) Within ten (10) feet of a fire hydrant, unless a greater distance is indicated by an official traffic sign.
(10) Upon any portion of a highway where and at the time when parking is prohibited, limited or restricted by official traffic signs.
(11) Upon any bridge.
(12) Upon any street or highway within the Town any vehicle which faces a direction different from the direction of normal traffic flow for the lane of traffic in which said vehicle is stopped or standing.
(13) Upon any terrace or sidewalk in the Town at any time.
(14) In a loading zoning.
(15) Within six (6) feet of the entrance to an alley, private road or driveway.
(16) In any municipal park when said park is closed to the public.
(b) Parking in Driveways. No person shall park or leave standing any motor vehicle in any private driveway without the permission of the owner or lessee of the property which such driveway is located, whether or not such driveway is posted to limit or restrict parking.