All-Terrain Vehicles and Off-Road Motor Vehicle Operation
(2) The unauthorized off-road operation of motor vehicles has resulted in the permanent scarring of land and an increase in both erosion and air pollution; and
(3) The unauthorized off-road operation of motor vehicles has resulted in collisions and near collisions threatening the life and safety of the operators of such vehicles as well as of other persons; and
(4) The unauthorized off-road operation of motor vehicles has resulted in a loss of the privacy, quietude and serenity to which the owners and users of land are rightfully entitled.
(b) Definitions. For purposes of this Section, the terms below shall be defined as follows:
(1) Unauthorized shall mean without the express prior consent of the owner, lessee, manager or other person authorized to give consent by the owner or lessee of land. Authorization shall not be implied from a failure to post private or public land.
(2) Off-Road shall mean any location which:
a. Is not a paved or maintained public street or alley; or
b. Is not used or maintained by the owner or lessee of land as a driveway, parking lot or other way for motor vehicles; or
c. Is a private trail for use only by the owner or his permittees for recreational or other vehicular use. Off-road shall not include any creekbed, riverbed or lake provided, however, that this Subsection shall not apply to snowmobiles or other vehicles being operated on the ice covering such creekbed, riverbed or lake.
(3) Operation shall mean the physical manipulation or activation of any of the controls of a motor vehicle necessary to put it in motion.
(4) Motor Vehicle shall mean, for purposes of this Section, any vehicle which is self-propelled and shall include but not be limited to automobiles, trucks, jeeps, vans, motorcycles, motorbikes, go-karts, motorized three-wheeled vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, mopeds, snowmobiles, dune buggies and tractors. Motor vehicle shall not mean any airplane, railroad train, boat, wheelchair or bicycle. A vehicle which would otherwise be defined as a motor vehicle under this Section shall not be so defined while: a. It is being operated solely for the purpose of construction or maintenance of an
improvement to land or solely for access to construction or maintenance sites
provided such operation is by persons having legitimate business on such lands
or sites; b. It is being operated by or at the direction of public employees or utility company
employees as part of their employment duties, c. It is being operated by the holder of an easement or right of access on or over the
land on which operation is occurring or the holder's employees or agents.
(c) Unauthorized Off-road Operation Prohibited.
(1) The unauthorized off-road operation of a motor vehicle is prohibited.
(2) Except for authorized maintenance vehicles and snowmobiles or all-terrain vehicles operating in areas authorized by the Town Board, it shall be unlawful to operate any