P17: Investigation and development of methods of remediation of soil, strongly contaminated by persistent organic toxic compounds, A.A. Kim
Leading Research Scientist, Head of Group of Biological Radiochemistry
Name of organization:
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Department Analysis and Information
Republic of Uzbekistan
+998 712 606452
Investigation and development of methods of remediation of soil, strongly contaminated by persistent organic toxic compounds
. The purpose of the given proposal is the investigation of soil contaminated by persistent toxic compounds, development of methods of soil remediation and research of possibilities of these methods for remediation of the large areas and volumes of soil.
of the proposal consists in definition and identification of organic compounds contained in soil of experimental sites and poison burials. The selection of soil samples from a superficial layer of all area of experimental platforms will be carried out. The analysis of the selected samples and identification of toxic compounds will be carried out. Will be made a detailed map of pollution of experimental sites and poison burials.
A. Definition of mutagenous influence of toxic compounds of polluted soil on the yeast test-system.
B. Definition of a degree of transformation of pathogenic for the man microorganisms.
C. Definition of a degree of transformation of phytopathogenic microorganisms.
of the proposal consists in development of effective methods of contaminated soil remediation.
One of methods - high-temperature treatment of the polluted ground. The researches of definition of optimum modes of high-temperature processing of soil for complete elimination of various classes of toxic compounds will be carried out.
Other most perspective for decontamination of the large areas of ground is the method of microbial decontamination. The following investigations will be carried out:
1. Research of contaminated soils microbiota.
2. Search and isolation of new active strains from contaminated soils and poison burials for creation of collection of strains - active destructors of the different classes of organic compounds.
3. Isolation of microorganisms capable actively destroy of PCBS.
4. On the base of tritium-labelled PCB the method of research of destructive activity microbiota of soils, polluted by chloroorganic compounds will be developed. Will be determined degradation of tritium-labelled PCB in soil by strains cultures in model conditions in ground and the estimation of an opportunity of application active strains of soil microorganisms-destructors of PCB in real field conditions will be spent. On the base of the received data will be selected strains of soil bacteria for creation of biopreparates – destructors of ecotoxicants.
5. Development of the biotechnological methods of use of microbial preparates for remediation of contaminated soil.
6. With the purpose of favourable influence on chemical, physical-chemical and microbiological processes in ground and destruction of pathogenic microorganisms it is supposed to investigate:
a) Entering organic fertilizers into the soil in scientific the reasonable quantity,
b) Entering into ground of preparations of a mushroom – antagonist Trichoderma lignorum Harz., excreting antibiotics, which suppress pathogenic microflora,
c) Entering of bacterial preparations into the ground.
A. Enterprises Corner
Enterprises looking for complementary partners in research arena and
Researchers offer their findings for technology transfer to enterprises
B. Research Corner
Research institutions looking for partners for joint research venture
Potentially interested for continuation of projects preparations on Tuesday afternoon 1 st July