LIQUOR LICENCE ACT 1974
Restrictions on certain kinds of alcohol
(1) A licensed person shall not, himself or by his servant or agent, sell, make
available for purchase or supply in any licensed premises, any intoxicating liquor which
consists of or is mixed with any alcohol of a kind other than ethyl alcohol.
(2) Any person acting in contravention of subsection (1) commits an offence: Punishment on summary conviction; imprisonment for 6 months or a fine of $500.
Restrictions on consumption of intoxicating liquor in unlicensed part of premises
(1) Where part of any premises (other than premises operated under an Hotel
Licence are licensed premises the licensed person, himself or by his servant or agent, shall not permit any other person to consume intoxicating liquor in any other part of the
(2) If subsection (1) is contravened the licensed person commits an offence: Punishment on summary conviction: a fine of $300.
(3) Where a licensed person is charged with an offence under this section it shall be a defence to prove—
that the liquor was supplied at his expense; and
that it was consumed by either—
the licensed person or his guests; or
persons employed in the premises for the purposes of the business carried on under the licence; and
(c) that it was consumed in a part of the premises to which the public do not have access.
[Section 34 amended by 1998:9 effective 15 May 1998]
Restrictions on employment of minors in certain licensed premises
(1) Subject to the exceptions set out in subsection (1A), no licensed person shall
employ a minor in a licensed premises.
(1A) Subsection (1) does not prevent the employment of a minor—
(a) in a grocery store as defined in section 18(1C) except in that discrete and separate part of the premises in which intoxicating liquor is sold;
in premises licensed under a Hotel Licence or a Restaurant Licence or aboard a tour boat in respect of which a Tour Boat Licence has been granted provided that his employment does not involve any function related to the sale of intoxicating liquor; or
pursuant to a student occupational training scheme approved by the Minister for the time being responsible for labour and related matters.
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence: