LIQUOR LICENCE ACT 1974
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in the case of any of the activities specified in the First Schedule.
PART II THE LICENSING SYSTEM
(1) For the purposes of this Act Bermuda shall be divided into three licensing
the Eastern District, consisting of the parishes of St. George’s, Hamilton and Smith’s and including the Town of St. George;
the Central District, consisting of the parishes of Pembroke, Devonshire and Paget and including the City of Hamilton;
the Western District, consisting of the parishes of Warwick, Southampton and Sandys.
There shall be a licensing authority for each licensing district.
The licensing authority for the Central District shall be the competent licensing
authority in relation to Tour Boat Licences. [Section 3 amended by 1998 : 9 effective 15 May 1998]
Constitution etc. of licensing authorities
The Senior Magistrate shall be the chairman of each licensing authority.
The Governor shall appoint a person to be deputy chairman who shall ex officio
be a member of the licensing authority for each licensing district.
(3) In the absence of the chairman the deputy chairman shall act as chairman and shall have all the powers conferred on the chairman under this Act.
(4) The Governor shall also appoint as members of the licensing authority for each licensing district three residents of the district each of whom shall be a resident of a different parish within that district.
(5) The appointment of any person under subsection (4) shall terminate if he ceases to reside in the licensing district in respect of which he is appointed.
(6) Subject to subsection (5), persons appointed under this section shall hold office for a period of three years.
(7) A person shall not be appointed under this section if he is directly or indirectly interested in the sale of intoxicating liquor, and for the purposes of this subsection the owner of licensed premises, or premises in respect of which a licence is applied for shall be deemed to be an interested person, but a member of a licensed club shall not for such purposes thereby be deemed to be an interested person.