LIQUOR LICENCE ACT 1974
(7A) Subsection (7) shall apply in relation to service by a person as chairman or deputy chairman of a licensing authority as it applies in relation to the appointment of a person as a member of such an authority.
(8) In the exercise of his powers under this section the Governor shall act on the advice of the Minister.
(9) [omitted][spent] [Section 4 amended by 1998 : 9 effective 15 May 1998]
Minister may give policy directions
The Minister may, after consultation with the chairman, give such general
directions as to the policy to be followed by the licensing authority in the performance of its functions as appear to the Minister to be necessary in the public interest; and the licensing
authority shall give effect to any such directions.
[Section 4A inserted by 1998 : 9 effective 15 May 1998]
Clerk to licensing authorities
(1) The chairman may designate a public officer to be clerk to the licensing
(2) The clerk shall assist the licensing authorities in the performance of their functions and shall perform such duties as the chairman may assign to him,
Procedure of licensing authorities
(1) A member of a licensing authority who has any interest whatsoever in any
application to be heard by the licensing authority shall declare such interest and the chairman shall determine whether that member shall take part in the proceedings of the
licensing authority on that application.
Three members of the licensing authority shall form a quorum.
Any question arising at any meeting of the licensing authority touching the
grant or transfer of any licence shall be determined by a majority of the members present, and the chairman shall have a casting vote in addition to his original vote.
(4) Every licence shall be signed by the members of the licensing authority issuing the licence.
Sittings of licensing authority
(1) The licensing authority shall sit to hear applications for the grant or transfer
(a) at the regular annual session to be held at such place and on such days during the first twenty-one days of April in each year as shall be notified by the licensing authority in the Gazette at least fourteen days prior to the first of such days;