Arch Gen Psychiatry -- Life Event Dimensions of Loss, Humiliation, Entrapment, and Danger in the Prediction of Onsets of Major Depression and Generalized Anxiety, A…
1/27/07 10:12 AM
disorders. Psychol Med. 1981;11:803-815. ISI | MEDLINE
16. Barrett JE. The relationship of life events to the onset of neurotic disorders. In: Barrett JE, Rose RM, Klerman GL, eds. Stress and Mental Disorder. New York, NY: Raven Press; 1979:87-109.
17. Faravelli C, Pallanti S. Recent life events and panic disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 1989;146:622-626.
18. Gorman DM, Peters TJ. Types of life events and onset of alcohol dependence. Br J Addict. 1990;85:71-79. ISI | MEDLINE
19. Welch SL, Doll HA, Fairburn CG. Life events and the onset of bulimia nervosa: a controlled study. Psychol Med. 1997;27:515-522. CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
20. Day R. Schizophrenia. In: Brown GW, Harris TO, eds. Life Events and Illness. New York, NY: Guilford Publications; 1989:113-137.
Uhlenhuth EH, Paykel ES. Symptom configuration and life events. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1973;28:744-
CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
Kendler KS, Karkowski L, Prescott CA. Stressful life events and major depression: risk period, long-
term contextual threat and diagnostic specificity. J Nerv Ment Dis. 1998;186:661-669. CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
23. Broadhead JC, Abas ME. Life events, difficulties and depression among women in an uban setting in Zimbabwe. Psychol Med. 1998;28:29-38. CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
Nolen-Hoeksema S. Sex Differences in Depression. Palo Alto, Calif: Stanford University Press; 1990.
Van Os J, Jones PB. Early risk factors and adult person–environment relationships in affective
disorder. Psychol Med. 1999;29:1055-1067. CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
26. Wagner BM, Compas BE. Gender, instrumentality, and expressivity: moderators of the relation between stress and psychological symptoms during adolescence. Am J Community Psychol. 1990;18:383-
ISI | MEDLINE
Nazroo JY, Edwards AC, Brown GW. Gender differences in the onset of depression following a shared
life event: a study of couples. Psychol Med. 1997;27:9-19. CrossRef | ISI | MEDLINE
28. Kessler RC, McLeod JD. Sex differences in vulnerability to undesirable life events. Am Sociol Rev. 1984;49:620-631. ISI
29. Bruce ML, Kim KM. Differences in the effects of divorce on major depresison in men and women. Am J Psychiatry. 1992;149:914-917. ABSTRACT
30. Kendler KS, Thornton LM, Prescott CA. Gender differences in the rates of exposure to stressful life events and sensitivity to their depressogenic effects. Am J Psychiatry. 2001;158:587-593.
31. Kendler KS, Neale MC, Kessler RC, Heath AC, Eaves LJ. Generalized anxiety disorder in women: a population-based twin study. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992;49:267-272. ABSTRACT
32. Kendler KS, Neale MC, Kessler RC, Heath AC, Eaves LJ. Major depression and generalized anxiety disorder: same genes, (partly) different environments? Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992;49:716-722. ABSTRACT
33. Roy M-A, Neale MC, Pedersen NL, Mathe AA, Kendler KS. A twin study of generalized anxiety disorder and major depression. Psychol Med. 1995;25:1037-1049. ISI | MEDLINE
34. Kendler KS. Major depression and generalised anxiety disorder: same genes (partly) different environments—revisited. Br J Psychiatry. 1996;168:68-75. ABSTRACT
35. Kendler KS, Prescott CA. A population-based twin study of lifetime major depression in men and women. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999;56:39-44. ABSTRACT/FULL TEXT
36. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Revised Third Edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1987.
37. Kendler KS, Kessler RC, Walters EE, MacLean CJ, Sham PC, Neale MC, Heath AC, Eaves LJ. Stressful life events, genetic liability and onset of an episode of major depression in women. Am J Psychiatry. 1995;152:833-842. ABSTRACT
38. Brown GW. Life events and measurement. In: Brown GW, Harris TO, eds. Life Events and Illness. New York, NY: Guilford Publications; 1989:3-45.
Page 11 of 13