A brief History of our Club
Rotary was first introduced into Cyprus in 1938 with the establishment of the Rotary Club of Nicosia.
The Rotary Club Of Limassol received its charter in 1951 with 21 members. At that time its membership included Greeks, Britons and Turks.
At the beginning of 2008 there were 68 members.
The first President of the Club was the British District Commissioner Mr. A. H. Dutton.
All the members, irrespective of nationality, creed or religion, met in harmony, love and esteem, and collaborated closely for the welfare of the community.
Imbued with the ideal of service, they carried out various projects which greatly helped the Limassol community.
Two of our members have served as District Governors. Michael Theodosiou 1972-73 and Phoebus Zachariades 1976-77.
A number of Paul Harris Fellow awards were granted over the years.
The Club emblem is the Apollo Sanctuary at the ancient city of Curium, just outside Limassol.