The Greatest Show on EarthIndian Nations Council
Inner Tube Raft
For a summer full of wet adventures, assemble this simple, inexpensive raft. Paddle it in a lake or float it in a swimming pool.
Three inner tubes
30 feet of nylon rope
Board as long as the inner tubes lined up
Line up the inner tubes. Lay the board across their tops. With the handsaw, round the corners of the board to prevent sharp bumps when you fall off the raft. Allow no more than 6 inches to hang over the inner tubes at each end. Remove splinters from the board and sand rough edges. You may want to paint your board.
To mark where to drill the holes, lay the inner tubes on top of the board. Keep the marks 1 inch from the edge of the board. Lace rope through the holes, tying the ends so that the inner tubes are fastened securely to the board.
Climb aboard for a floating good time!!
Tin Can Ice Cream
One 1 lb coffee can with plastic lid
One 3 lb coffee can with plastic lid
One 3 3/4 oz pkg instant pudding
Two 6 oz cans evaporated milk
1 to 1 1/2 cups regular milk
Rock salt, crushed ice, duck tape
1. Place pudding mix and evaporated milk into clean 1 lb can and stir well. Add enough regular milk to fill can 3/4 full. Mix well.
2. Cover with lid. Tape lid on securely so can is air tight.
3. Place 1 lb can in 3 lb. can.
4. Add layers of crushed ice and rock salt, making sure smaller can is surrounded with ice and salt on all sides.
5. Put lid on larger can. Tape as shown in picture.
6. Have boys form two lines. They roll can back and forth on table or ground for 15-20 minutes.
7. At this point, carefully untape large can and remove smaller one to check ice cream. Wipe off all salt before removing lid from smaller can.
Page XCrayons, Crepepaper, Cardboard, Crafts