- Aparigraha – Non-hoarding, non possessiveness
II. Niyama - Self discipline.
- Shaucha – Purity/cleanliness.
- Santosha – Contentment.
- Tapa – Austerity.
- Svadhyaya – Self study
- Ishwara Pranidhana –Surrender to God.
III. Asana – Posture, position
Sthira Sukham Aasanam ||– Steady stable and comfortable state of the body
IV. Pranayama – Breath Control/ Control of the prana or vital energy, life force.
V. Pratyahara – sense withdrawal.
VI. Dharana – Concentration.
VII. Dhyana – Meditation.
VIII. Samadhi – The union of individual consciousness and universal consciousness, self realization, salvation, nirvana
- Prana – Vital energy or life energy, on physical level Bio energy
- Nadi – psychic passage of pranic energy,
- Ida Nadi – Moon Nadi / left nostril / moon principle controlling mental energy.
- Pingala Nadi – Sun Nadi / right nostril / sun principle controlling pranic energy.
- Sushumna Nadi – Energy passage carrying kundalini energy along spinal column.
- Kundalini – Pranic Energy in 3 & ½ coiled form lying dormant at the root of spine.
- Chakra – Whirlpool of pranic energy or Vortex of pranic energy
- Mooladhar Chakra – (Root Support) Root charka located in the perineum region
sacral plexus, related to perineal body.
- Swadhisthan Chakra – (center of self) 2nd charka located at the tail bone or coccyx or
pelvic plexus, related to testes or overies.
- Manipura Chakra –(Jewel city) 3rd charka located at Solar plexus, related to adrenal
- Anahata Chakra – (Unbeaten Sound) Chakra located at cardiac plexus, related to
- Vishuddha Chakra – (purification center) Charka located at laryngeal plexus, related
to thyroid glands.
- Ajna Chakra – (Command Center) charka located at cavernous plexus, related to
- Sahasrara Chakra – (Seat of Infinite) located along hypothalamic – pituitary axis,
related to pituitary gland.