Parkinson’s Disease Bibliography. Oct 2010.
A brief selection of articles on Parkinson’s Disease. (All should be available online with an NHS Athens username and password.)
(1) Almeida QJ, Lebold CA. Freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease: a perceptual cause for a motor impairment? Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 2010; 81(5):513-518.
(2) Bxarone P, Poewe W, Albrecht S, Debieuvre C, Massey D, Rascol O et al. Pramipexole for the treatment of depressive symptoms in patients with Parkinson's disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Neurology 2010; 9(6):573-580.
(3) Chwieduk CM, Curran MP. Pramipexole extended release: in Parkinson's disease. CNS Drugs 2010; 24(4):327-336.
(4) Daniluk S, Davies G, Ellias SA, Novak P, Nazzaro JM. Assessment of the variability in the anatomical position and size of the subthalamic nucleus among patients with advanced Parkinson's disease using magnetic resonance imaging. Acta Neurochirurgica 2010; 152(2):201-210.
(5) Dereli EE, Yaliman A. Comparison of the effects of a physiotherapist-supervised exercise programme and a self-supervised exercise programme on quality of life in patients with Parkinson's disease. Clinical Rehabilitation 2010; 24(4):352-362.
(6) Donaldson S. Can we improve the inpatient care of those with Parkinson's disease? Postgraduate Medical Journal 2010; 86(1016):321-322. Ref ID: 3
(7) Feng LR, Maguire-Zeiss KA. Gene therapy in Parkinson's disease: rationale and current status. CNS Drugs 2010; 24(3):177-192.
(8) Fernandez HH, Merello M. Pramipexole for depression and motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease: can we kill two birds with one stone? Lancet Neurology 2010; 9(6):556-557.
(9) Follett KA, Weaver FM, Stern M, Hur K, Harris CL, Luo P et al. Pallidal versus subthalamic deep-brain stimulation for Parkinson's disease. New England Journal of Medicine 2010; 362(22):2077-2091.
(10) Hong M, Earhart GM. Effects of medication on turning deficits in individuals with Parkinson's disease. Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy 2010; 34(1):11-16.
(11) Ibarretxe-Bilbao N, Ramirez-Ruiz B, Junque C, Marti MJ, Valldeoriola F, Bargallo N et al. Differential progression of brain atrophy in Parkinson's disease with and without visual hallucinations. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 2010; 81(6):650-657.
(12) Latourelle JC, Dybdahl M, Destefano AL, Myers RH, Lash TL. Risk of Parkinson's disease after tamoxifen treatment. BMC Neurology 2010; 10.