Recommendations addressed to specific Special Health Boards
10. NHS Education for Scotland should explore the development of training and education resources to support health boards in the task of training staff across the workforce in bereavement awareness and bereavement care. (Chapter 4)
11. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland should recognise the key messages of Shaping Bereavement Care, as appropriate, in their current work, and explore areas where they can support health boards in the implementation of the recommendations.
Implementation and support:
12. Each health board with patient contact should produce a one year Action Plan for the fulfilment of the recommendations 1 - 9.
13. The Bereavement Project Manager appointed by SGHD should provide support to health boards during the initial implementation phase of the recommendations.
14. SGHD should support the establishment and maintenance of a national network forum to facilitate a link and sharing of good practice between bereavement co-ordinators and other partners in planning and delivering bereavement care. (Chapter 5)
Shaping Bereavement Care 6