(5) Supervise - Commander must enforce controls and standards in controlling risk. This is the key to loss control. Prudent leadership must follow-up to insure that the doers understand and accept the guidance. Leaders should monitor the effects of risk reduction to verify that really are good ideas.
b. Crew Coordination - The interaction between crew members (communication) and actions (sequence and timing) necessary for tasks to be performed efficiently, effectively, and safely.
(1) Individual actions - The portion of a crew task that the individual crew member must accomplish.
(2) Crew coordinated actions - Require the interaction of the entire crew to help facilitate the safe and efficient execution of a crew task.
D: Learning Step/Activity - Provide instruction on symbol usage and word distinctions.
a. Symbol Usage
(1) The diagonal (/) indicates or . IP/SP may mean IP SP or it may mean IP SP.
b. Word Distinctions
(1) Will or Must - Indicates a mandatory requirement.
(2) Should - Indicates a preferred, but not mandatory, method of accomplishment.
(3) May - Indicates an acceptable method of accomplishment.
(4) NVS - Night Vision System that is attached to aircraft, such as TADS/PNVS.
(5) NVG - Night Vision Goggle image intensifier system, such as AN/AVS-6 (ANVIS).
(6) NVD - Refers to NVS, NVG, or NVS and NVG
E: Learning Step/Activity - Provide instruction on to whom the ATP applies.
a. The ATP applies to:
(1) All Army aviators in operational flying positions.