analysis of each of these three elements. The Mission Essential Task List (METL) defines the unit as a member of the Combined Arms team and is the source from which collective training is identified. Combat proficiency necessitates that crew function as a unit to affect the absolute efficiency for their aircraft to the Combined Arms effort. Essential
to this training effort is the proficiency of the individual in those tasks required for
the operation of the aircraft. TC 1-210 emerges as the commander’s primary training
document linking individual, crew, and unit collective tasks.
: Slide 4, Read, or have one of the students read, the ELO
A: Learning Step/Activity - Provide instruction on the main elements of the ATP.
Method of Instruction: CO. Instructor to student ratio is: 1:18.
Time of Instruction: minutes
Media: Slides 5 thru
: Slide 5
a. The Aircrew Training Program.
(1) To develop and train combat-ready aircrews capable of executing their individual, crew and collective tasks as integral members of the Combined Arms Team fighting the airland battle.
(2) To provide safe, standardized and realistic aviation training.
(1) Individual, crew and collective training
(2) TC 1-210 is the commander’s primary training document linking individual, crew and unit collective training.
(1) Commander - ATP is the commander’s program. The aviation commander is the overall manager of the ATP.
(2) Operations Officer/S3 - Principle staff officer for operations and training.