Report for the Period : 01.04.2006 to 29.10.2006
SIRAGU (a school streamlining the begging children, street children & child laborers)
Siragu successfully completed 3 academic years and stepped into the fourth academic year 2006-07.
A small update
* School started in June 2003 with 34 kids and now reaching out to more than 300 kids this year.
* Being the Secretary and Correspondent of Siragu, I play different roles in the project.
* Bringing out more concepts and streamlining the activities of the school, changes in curiculam, motivational factors introduced to motivate the team effort of Siragu family.
* Adopted various methods of Education and bringing more professionals as role models to school and introduced to children for positive interaction and knowledge as an outcome.
* facing several challenges at one time, struggling to retain the position reached and fighting with problems to keep the momentum going.
* SIRAGU this year, educating more than 15 children who come from NARI KURAVAR COMMUNITY and they stay in the hostel and access to quality education provide by Siragu.
COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE BEING THE BANK BALANCE AND NO COMPROMISE ON QUALITY IN EDUCATION, SIRAGU PROCEEDING WITH MORE ASPIRATIONS.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS IN SIRAGU
April 05, 2006- In SIRAGU KITCHEN GARDEN harvested 4 varieties of Green Leaves
April 08, 2006- 3 Varieties of tree saplings planted around SIRAGU premises
August 15, 2006- Independence Day Celebrations @ Siragu
Morning a team from Smile Welfare Foundation come for Flag Hoisting and children performed different program
Evening Cine Actor PARTHIBAN visited the school and interacted with the kids and also extended financial support worth R.40000/-
OTHER PROJECTS EXECUTED BY SUYAM
EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT TO STUDENTS
* Collected and paid Rs.55000/- towards payment of III Term college fees for poor student Ms.Uma studying B.Sc.Nursing in Vel R.S.Medical College, Veerapuram, Chennai.
* Collected and paid Rs.35000/- towards payment of IV year college fees for adopted student Ms.A.Usha studying final year B.Sc.Nursing in VEL RS MEDICAL COLLEGE, Veerapuram, Chennai.
* Education loan given to a poor student for payment of college fees – Rs.2000/-
STUDENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS OF SUYAM
April 11, 2006
- Under the guidance of Suyam, 3 poor girl students were enrolled in a Computer Center run by Citizen Development Center, Chennai