These Minutes covered a span of thirteen years but the minute book is in a scorched condition as a result of a small fire.
The minutes of a meeting held on 20th July, 1906 indicate that "...... the Queen Street premises have been sold and the completion of the sale is now satisfactorily closed". No mention is made of the location of the building but reference is made to the need of repair to a boundary wall of their next door neighbours, the Neath Liberal Club. It is concluded from this information that the new building was the Orchard Street YMCA which was to be the home of the Association for upwards of 40 years.
A new home requires new furnishing. At a meeting a few weeks later the Secretary was instructed to write to Associations where billiard tables had been introduced to enquire how these were controlled.
This was one of the early YMCAs, founded in 1875. The accommodation in the early days was in rented premises. The Association activities from the beginning followed the evangelical pattern of George Williams.
The local General Committee had a purpose built structure erected in 1912 at a cost of £2,000. The elevation followed the lines of a nonconformist chapel or perhaps it would be more precisely described as a mission hall. Even the notice board in the front of the building had mission hall characteristics - Sunday services, mid-week Prayer meetings and Bible Classes announced.
Members of the committee or an occasional local minister or clergyman conducted their meetings. Special speakers from various parts of the country conducted special missions lasting several days.
Whilst most of the membership was on the elderly side they also had their fervid young people.
Let it be said that the Abergavenny members remained loyal to their faith
and enthusiastic Association.
Time, however, took its toll of the elder members and in 1952 the premises were handed over to a group of younger members who formed a YMCA Boys' Club where much good work was accomplished.