Page 55 of 93
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
III Year B.Tech. IT I-SemT P C
SOFTWARE TESTING METHODOLOGIES
UNIT - I
Introduction : Purpose of testing, Dichotomies, model for testing, consequences of bugs, taxonomy of bugs
UNIT - II
Flow graphs and Path testing : Basics concepts of path testing, predicates, path predicates and achievable paths, path sensitizing, path instrumentation, application of path testing.
UNIT - III
Transaction Flow Testing : Transaction flows, transaction flow testing techniques. Dataflow testing:- Basics of dataflow testing, strategies in dataflow testing, application of dataflow testing.
UNIT - IV
Domain Testing:-domains and paths, Nice & ugly domains, domain testing, domains and interfaces testing, domain and interface testing, domains and testability.
UNIT - V
Paths, Path products and Regular expressions : Path products & path expression, reduction procedure, applications, regular expressions & flow anomaly detection.
UNIT - VI
Logic Based Testing : Overview, decision tables, path expressions, kv charts, specifications.
UNIT - VII
State, State Graphs and Transition testing : State graphs, good & bad state graphs, state testing, Testability tips.
UNIT VIII :
Graph Matrices and Application : Motivational overview, matrix of graph, relations, power of a matrix, node reduction algorithm, building tools.
Usage of JMeter and Winrunner tools for functional / Regression testing, creation of test script for unattended testing, synchronization of test case, Rapid testing, Performance testing of a data base application and HTTP connection for website access.
TEXT BOOKS :
1. Software Testing techniques - Baris Beizer, Dreamtech, second edition.
2. Software Testing Tools – Dr.K.V.K.K.Prasad, Dreamtech.
1. The craft of software testing - Brian Marick, Pearson Education.
2. Software Testing Techniques – SPD(Oreille)
3. Software Testing in the Real World – Edward Kit, Pearson.
4. Effective methods of Software Testing, Perry, John Wiley.
5. Art of Software Testing – Meyers, John Wiley.